Seeing good in life

Olga - 55110, Minnesota
Themes: hope

Looking for Good in Life

In my world nothing bad happens without good in it. No matter what happens, I believe it happens to bring some good later on and it is only a matter of time until one realizes the importance of the event. I used to spend enormous amount of time thinking about why something happened and a lot of times it wasn’t until a couple of years later that I would see the reasons behind it. People often can’t understand how a tragedy can contain good in it but I am willing to accept the bad knowing that there is some good.

People use all sorts of methods to explain bad fortune and often the reasons are very hard to see, bad things happen and that is the reality of life. The good news is that life is not meant to be satisfying100% of the time. Life is meant to be enjoyable and the only way to make that happen is to see good in bad. I believe there are hidden meanings behind all acts, bad or good, they happen for something else to happen.

Unlike most children I grew up feeling pretty confident with myself no matter what I did. I was outgoing, funny and very outspoken. I never really worried about Igor the new kid in school or Irina the one who had a hard time fitting in. I only cared about myself. My life took a turn, when I came to a new country where I not only did not have any friends but on top of that I could not even understand the language. Middle school and part of high school were the hardest years of my life. Everyday after school for the first three years I asked myself “why me, why do I have to go through so much everyday in school?” The amount of embarrassment, frustration and struggle I had to go through was more than I thought I could take.

Luckily, after six years in the US I now understand the meaning behind the three years of struggle. I realize that the struggle had a meaning and it had good in it. The amount of information I learned from going through the adaptation to America was more than I ever imagined.

Now when bad situations happen I don’t look for who to blame, I don’t spend time thinking about it; now, I just accept it. Analyzing bad fortune allows me to see the potential good in my life. It also helps me deal better with my problems and understand my world in past, present and future. Life is not meant to be perfect but it is meant to be good. Bad things eventually bring good and this I Believe.