I Believe in Passion

Alyssa - Muncie, Indiana

I believe in passion. Pass ion that inspires you to never settle for second best. Passion that will strengthen you and make you work harder to achieve what you have always believed in. With this passion, a person can do anything they set their mind to. When I was younger, I wasn’t a typical little girl who liked to play dress up and princess’ and had to wear everything pink, I was the one that would take my dolls and Barbie’s and play hospital and doctor with them. You see, my passion is medicine. I love everything about it. I love the fact that its challenging and that there is always an opportunity to learn something new and that you always have to be on your toes because you never know what is going to happen next. Without this passion, my dream is impossible. Passion must vibrate throughout you, inspiring you, pushing you to never give up. It must radiate outside of you and show others that you are willing to do anything to reach your goals.

Passion also allows you to grow into your own self. It takes you and makes you who you are and separates you from a child to an adult. It allows you to break free from what your parents have always taught and the rules they made you follow. It also allows you to finally think for yourself, and discover what you believe in and how you wish believe in it. In my family, teaching is the one profession that is chosen by the majority of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and also siblings. I, however, am the only person in my family that wants to go into a medical career. Although Ball State is very common choice of school for many of these family members, it has never been a choice of school for nursing. This is the reason why many family members of mine are never too cautious to tell me how hard medicine can be and that not many people get accepted. However, I still want to be a nurse more than anything because of my own passion that I developed by myself, and will achieve for my own self.