Haleigh - Midvale, Utah

This I believe: I believe that friends are one thing that we have been given in our lifetime. I believe that we as people depend on them, listen to them, and trust them. I believe that some friends are going to be there for us for a long time and others will not. Some friends will come and some will go. We never know what the future holds.

Just like everyone else, I have had my up and downs with friends. Like many others, I have been hurt and criticized, but I do not believe that this is a reason to put up walls and never let anyone else into your life. I believe that we should let ourselves be hurt so that we will learn. Everything is a leaning experience in my eyes. I have also learned that some of our friends are here to stay. Friends are her to lend a hand whenever we need it, a shoulder to cry on when we need one, and someone to listen to.

Friends are there for the good times and the bad times, but what makes a good friend? I believe that a friend, no matter what, will stay by your side. Friends stick up for you, they believe in you, and they will not be jealous; they will be happy for you in any situation. Friends put you up and never try to pull you down. I have learned that jealousy in a friendship will not allow the friendship to go very far. You shouldn’t have to work just to keep a friend. Real friends are here to stay.

As I have grown older, I think that my experiences have helped me to make better choices of friends. I’m not saying that my past friends are bad people I just believe everything happens for a reason and there is a reason that some friends from my past didn’t make it to my future. There are still some friends from my past that I know if I ever needed anything I could go to them and they would be there for me. Just because you are not with a friend daily does not mean that they are any less of a friend.

After all my experiences, after growing up and learning about the person I am today, still I believe that friends are people that we have been given in our lifetime. Some are here to stay and others will go, but in my eyes, friends are here to teach us lessons so that we may make the right decisions.