Regular Happiness

Casey - Dunnellon, Florida

Being laughed at all throughout Elementary and Middle school didn’t faze me at all. The constant stares and pointing because I didn’t have designer brand clothes never made my smile come off of my face. My closest friends and family were the only things I needed then and still today. Money was never a necessity in my family. Of course there would have to be some to put a roof over our heads and food on the table, but there was never an urge to tell my family that I wanted more. There are definately finer things in life than having a lot of money. With my family saving money for my two sisters and I to attend college, the constant medical bills that I seemed to always have, and the electricbill, there is no way that I could ever ask for more.

When I was in third grade, a girl who I thought was my friend came up to me and asked me why I wore the same things as I did the previous week. Then she called me dirty and told everyone that I didn’t have any clothes except for that one outfit. Although everyone was laughing and staring at me, I didn’t let it get to me. Most adolecents think that fitting in a crowd and being popular is the way to make it in schol. But, I could say that they are definately wrong. Going to school should be about you. It should not be a time to socialize and “fit in” jsut so people would like you. This is a lesson that I have learned over the years.

As you can see, living wihtout designer brand and expensive things will seem like a bad thing, but in the long run, it shows you that money definately cannot buy happiness.