Impossible Is Nothing

Jose - El Paso, Texas

I believe that impossible is nothing. Everyday I wake up I say this phrase to myself, I look in the mirror and say “You can do it because in your life impossible is nothing.” This helps me get through each and every day of my life. I Believe I am able to accomplish every goal I set for myself and as long I believe I can, I will. I believe that a person’s strength should be the ability to believe they have the power of accomplishing something and nothing will stop them from doing it.

The reason I started this believe was because when I was a young teenager In seventh grade my favorite aunt married a Caucasian man that was horrible and negative when it came to anything that didn’t involve him. Since I was a kid my dream has been to go to college and make a career in the United States Border Patrol or US Customs. One evening when my aunt invited me to have dinner with her and her husband I got to her house and her husband answer the door and asked me to go in. My aunt was finishing taking a shower so it was me and him sitting down in the living room. He asked me what I wanted to do with my life when I grew up. I answered him and then he said some horrible things I will never forget that changed my life. He started laughing and said “You will never accomplish that dream, your parents don’t have money to send you to college and your to dumb to be in college anyway, and the worst thing is that the Border Patrol doesn’t hire Hispanic they kick them out” I started crying and ran out to my house and I told my father what had happened. My father looked at me and told me “Mijo nothing is impossible in this life so don’t ever let anybody tell you what you are capable of accomplishing, as long you believe you can do it nothing will be able to stop you from accomplishing all your dreams in life.” What my father said to me was true because I didn’t listen to my aunts’ husband and perused my dreams and I am in college now and hopefully in a couple of years I will have a career as a Border Patrol agent.

Since that day I believe a person is the only one that can choose what they can do with their life. I realized that in this life there is people and obstacles that will try to make me fail in the attempt of accomplishing the goals I have set for myself. I have to be strong and determined in other to accomplish my goals and be successful in life. I believe everyone should have in their mind the very important phrase “Impossible is nothing” every day of their lives because these three simple words create a very powerful phrase when they are put together that can change their life for ever. Impossible is nothings is what I believe.