Ebony - Indianapolis, Indiana

I believe in love. I believe in the love of Jesus Christ, of God, of family and of friends. I believe in the love for a man and woman.

I know the love of Jesus Christ first hand. I used to just go through the motions of church until I realized the value of God’s love. I have relied on Him every since. Many will disagree with the existence of Christ but I know that He is real. Often times I cried alone in my room because the world seemed to hate me, and only God was there. When I was hiding in secret places so I wouldn’t eat alone at lunch, and when I pretended to be so engrossed in a book that I couldn’t hear people whispering about me, God was my only strength.

I believe in the love of family and friends. Family is the love you must be careful with. It is the love to treasure forevermore. Yet it is the love that cannot be given on its own. You must like the family member you love, or else all is lost. Why is it that our families are often clueless to the very things that makes our hearts beat strong? Either they are unaware of our heart’s desires, or they don’t care. I have often felt as if I wasn’t very much liked in my family. Loved yes, but liked? The love of a friend is a hard thing to process. I for one am weary of it. Too many times have my so-called friends left me to fend for myself. Like when one of my best friends in high school began to talk about me. How could my “friend” think so lowly of me? As for now, I consider myself having one true friend. She is all I could ever ask for, because she is always there when I need to talk, and she’ll never betray me.

I believe in the love of a man and a woman. It’s a love that looks past all faults, because it is recognized that those faults only help make the other who they are. This love takes the longest to grow. Being in love is a sacrificial and compromising state of life. You give a lot to take a little, and if both partners feel the same, you’ll have an unselfish love. This love is something I hope to have with my current friend, but only time will tell. Yet time flies quickly and in a few years I’ll be twenty-one, and then twenty-five, and I hope by then that true love will have found me. The true love I’m looking for is the love of God, family, and friends rolled up into one. Yes, I believe in love; and I intend on taking my share.