I Believe in Prayer

Victoria - Lincoln, Nebraska

Through prayer God gives us his peace. That is why we fall to our knees and call out to him. God helps those who seek him. The Bible tells us that God is ready and willing to answer the prayers of the ones who love and follow him. God performs miracles for those who have faith in him. In the Bible there are many examples of miracles that occurred because people simply believed and asked God for his help. I have learned that God’s power can change situations. It can help us face the hard times that life throws at us. By trusting in God, we can overcome any kind of difficulty or dilemma. Prayer has significant results. God’s power is released through prayer. If one is willing to let God in, they will experience his power. When faced with a challenging situation, the best thing to do is to call on God. There is no need to be independent. People who do not pray cut themselves off from God’s power. This can lead to feeling overwhelmed and beaten down. Sometimes even the ones who do pray feel discouraged, like God does not answer prayers. I know that God always answers prayers, though. Sometimes he may not answer the way that the person wants, but he always answers.

Many of us have personal needs and serious problems that devastate our lives, yet we do not ask for God’s help. Sometimes we believe that God does not have the power to do anything about our problems. But the truth is that God is able to deal with any issue that we present to him. There is no problem too big for God to handle. He wants us to realize this, and to ask him to help us. Many of us who believe that God is all-powerful still feel that God cannot handle all of the issues that we bring to him. We say that we believe, but we do not truly believe it in our hearts. This is one of the reasons why we do not bother praying all the time. But God does have the power to overcome any circumstance. The Bible says that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8. God has not changed, and his power is not fading.

I have learned that most people do not make time for daily prayer. In just about everything that we strive to do, we work at it regularly until we have perfected whatever it is. Why is it that we act differently when it comes to prayer? When we are serious about something, we always make room for it in our daily schedules. Why do we not make time to pray? It is very important to have a consistent time for prayer. Without that, we will never get into the habit of praying to God on a regular basis. We should set aside our other matters and concentrate on God. It is important to find a quiet place where we can be alone and talk to him. Prayer is a powerful thing that we all should take part in.