Matt - Park Hills, Missouri
Themes: work

It all started my sophomore year in high school. I was having some family problems and my life seemed like it was going nowhere but down. My dad lived in Illinois and I stayed with his girlfriend in Missouri. School has just come back in session and I was on the J.V. football team. I was a big role for the J.V. team by starting tailback on offense and defensive back on defense. So I guess you could say I was a big part of the team.

Well about halfway through the season I meet this girl I like very much. I started seeing her everyday, and going to her house after practice everyday. Well my dad’s girlfriend didn’t like her so she said if I keep seeing her she was going to take me off the football team. Well I didn’t listen to her and later that week I was called to the office. As I walked into the office all I seen was my football coaches and the principle. They told me that I would have to be done with football for a while.

Well I stopped playing but didn’t stop going to all of the practices. All that time sitting at practice and sitting on the sidelines at games got me thinking about how good I can be. This is where after my sophomore year, all that summer I came in and worked really hard. Then from not playing a lot on varsity, well playing none, I was starting my junior year. The dedication and preparation over the summer got me to where I am now.

As my junior year goes on I think of the games I have left in high school. As I see some very good seniors and their high school career, I see me there in a year. Those seniors don’t get to play another game of football again and that’s not where I want to be. Dedication is where I have to begin if I want to even be on the field after high school. Those that do go into college and play put their time in after school to get better by lifting.

Although it seems like you will have a lot to do your senior year, you will have to do it fast. This is because you didn’t put the time and effort into it in times past. I believe dedication should come in everything you love doing. If you plan to do anything with what you love you have to be dedicated earlier then when it will come. Dedication is my belief and when the tim comes it will tell me if I have done enough.