Never Lasting Love

Brooke - Park Hills, Missouri

Imagine this, a helpless child trying her best to keep a family together, and it still ends up falling apart. I couldn’t really do much at the time because I just turned two. As I watched with tears among my eyes, through the horrible pain in my chest; it tore my heart in half when I watched my father kiss me on the forehead and said “Daddy loves you”. Finally, he walked towards the door of our condo with suitcases in his hands, and without another word.

It took me a while to except the fact he wasn’t coming back. I used to wake up in the middle of the night screaming at the top of my lungs hoping he could hear me so he would hold me in his arms again. The only person that would come in was my mother to help mend my broken heart. Deep down I knew that no matter what she did it wouldn’t take away the emptiness he left in my heart. I had high hopes of him coming back, and I would wait for him outside for hours. Sadly, there was always a no show.

My mother would always try to talk to me and wanted me to tell her about my feelings toward him being gone. I could never respond or talk at all even because I quit talking after that day. It didn’t help three years later when I started school. My teacher tested me to see if I would have an IP in something. Turns out I would need to take Speech class because I didn’t know how to talk. It was very hard for me to pronounce words and still to this day I can’t say some words. I finally got out of Speech class when I was in the fifth grade. I have right to go see him whenever I want. When I do he never spends any quality time with me. Instead he chose to be with his new wife and kids. It still hurts deep down but it has put a big compact on my life.

When I choose to marry a guy I will make double sure that he is the right one and the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I will make sure he wants the same as well. When a man and a woman say their vowels they should really think before they speak because it will reflect them and the people around them as well. Once I get married I plan to stay that way for good because I believe in no one getting a divorce.