Feel It, Don’t Just Say It

Macy - Park Hills, Missouri
Themes: love

“I Love You.” These words are heard in school, in public, and within families. I believe that love is taken too lightly in this day and age. I don’t just mean among high school students, but adults and children as well. I see high school students all around me who have been in relationships for mere days are already saying I love you. I see young girls and boys already “in love”. I even see adults, the people who are supposed to set the best example of love, taking it lightly.

My brother is 26 years old. He just got together with his girlfriend two weeks ago and they already say they “love each other”. In my opinion, taking such a deep feeling and pushing it out too early is offensive. I was in a relationship with someone for a year and a half. We were in our fifth month together and I was on the phone with him. All these feelings just hit me at once while I was talking to him. I felt happy, excited, nervous, anxious, and overwhelmed all at the same time. That was when I knew that I was in love with Cody. In my experience with love, you get butterflies just thinking about the person. You do everything you can for this person to make them happy, even the little things like texting them good morning or a goodbye kiss after school. You can never get this person off of your mind and you dream about them every night. You are excited to wake up to that text in the morning that says, “I love you, honey”, and then even more excited to see them next. You are delighted when someone asks about them because you have the pleasure of calling them yours. There are many different emotions to love and each and every one of them is special.

Love is a serious and wonderful thing to experience. If you take love for granted, it could be easily taken away from you. “Take away love, and our earth is a tomb.”