I Believe Everythig Happens for A Reason

Heather - Dunnellon, Florida
Themes: purpose

Kneeling beside a loved one’s hospital bed is never something you want to do. I asked why this was happening. The death of someone special has changed my outlook, for the better.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People have to change in order to learn how to accept the inevitable and to let go. Things we love may leave us to make room in our hearts for better things. We believe loss only proves we can trust no one but ourselves. We believe these lessons have no meaning except pain. Yet, the meaning was actually in front of us–to make us a better person. When you lose someone you thought was perfect only to gain someone that was everything you ever needed, then you know it was meant to happen. Losing my aunt was the hardest thing I ever experienced. Not knowing the lesson to be learned, I used to be very negative about that subject. I now realize that my aunt’s death wasn’t meant to hurt me but to teach me important lessons about life, loss, and love. It has not only made me a stronger individual inside but has made me see life differently through all aspects. I now live life to the fullest and definitely live with no regrets because life is short, and you can never take anything back. I do miss her everyday, but I am grateful for the person her life helped me becom e. Maybe growth comes from pain.