I Believe in Lifelines

April - Biloxi, Mississippi

Through my laughter and my tears they remain with me. The fights and disagreements come and go, but they return, no matter the situations. If I were to make the biggest mistake I will ever make, they will still stand with me. When my heart feels like it is breaking into a million pieces, they are with me, wiping my tears, and holding my hand, until the pain become numb. I will embarrass myself beyond belief and they will be helping me laugh at myself through it. They will be there when life hands me lemons, and they will help me make sweet lemonade. Each average day they are nearby, making life more interesting and exciting.

When I reach the happiest day of my life, they will be in front of me smiling, as I walk my shaky legs down the aisle. When I am clumsy enough to stumble, those smiles will help me make it the last few feet to my future. If in the end that part of my life falls apart, they will be there to help me piece my life back together. They will stand near me until the puzzle pieces fit and I can make it through each day on my own.

As they are here for me, I am here for them. Each day of my life comes and goes, and the people in my life will also, but they always remain near in the heart, no matter how far away they actually are. We help each other stand strong during the storms life throws at us. We need each other through the worst of our lives, and love each other through the best. In order to make it through this life, I must believe in my lifelines, my best friends.