Lire’s Purpose

Kimberly - chattanooga, Tennessee
Themes: birth, family

It is too often in this generation that children are taught to focus on success being defined by money. It is also too often that children are not given enough positive praise for a job well done. I myself had a very happy childhood. However, I like many others, dreamed of being a rich doctor with a huge house, two expensive cars, and a big family. Then I began to grow older, and while I am in school to be a nurse, it is not because of the salary I will earn. It is about helping others and doing what makes me happy. However great it is to achieve a degree, it stands no contest next to being a mom.

When you’re young, generally nobody stops to tell you that life is not always roses and sunshine. I learned this at around eighteen. After being in multiple abusive relationships, I took time for myself. I went to church, prayed daily, and did whatever I felt in my heart was right. Then in 2005, I met my knight and shining armor. He was tall, dark, and handsome and we have spent every single day together for the past three and a half years.

After about the first year and a half, we found out that we were expecting. This was the most amazing news I had ever received. We had been trying to have a baby for a while, and with no luck, had actually decided to give up. I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts. My uterus is also retrograde, so having a normal healthy pregnancy is a challenge in itself, and with every miscarriage that passes my I am reminded of my obstacles.

In late 2007 Carson was born. It was in that very moment that life seemed to make sense. I knew my purpose was to be a mommy and no matter the pain I felt for the losses of the others, Carson fulfilled my life. I spend each and every day with Carson. We learn from each other. He makes me a better person, and I thank god every day for my precious angel. Life isn’t about material things. It is about faith, hope, and the love for another. With those three things, life is completely successful.