Reincarnation

Shadasia - NORFOLK, Virginia

Believing in Reincarnation

. There are many people who are strongly religious and there have been several occasions where different religions have become offensive to certain beliefs of another religion. A belief can be true, have an overwhelming outcome or become non-exist ant. What I mean by existing is no longer believing something or even discussing the thoughts that an individual may have had, which can only mean that people don’t feel the same way about the belief and no longer believes in whatever it was that once was a belief. Many individuals continue to value their beliefs due to research and evaluations. Beliefs define identity for some or just may express what they feel for others. In the case of my belief it doesn’t necessarily define my identity, it expresses what I once felt about life after death.

I once believed in reincarnation. Reincarnation is when the soul, the corporeal life and soul returns back to earth in another shape, form, or body. Reincarnation means that the soul relives more than one lifetime. Souls can return in both animal and human forms. Reincarnation also means that the souls are transformed into another life. For years I have continued to believe that after humans were deceased, they were reborn. With this illusion I added that if in one lifetime an individual was successful, then the next lifetime they would appear helpless in financial trouble. Basically they would return in the opposite of the last lifetime.

This belief has lived with me up until the end of this September. I stopped believing that humans were reincarnated. I stopped believing that after losing my little cousin J’lin Promise Tiahira Spence. My little cousin passed this September, which is what changed my thoughts about reincarnation. I waited up many nights thinking about what form or shape my little cousin would revisit me. I awaited her presence and believing that in some way she was going through the reincarnation stage. She has yet to appear as a butterfly like I believed she would because they were her favorite. This tragedy has led me to believe there is no such thing as reincarnation. Once you are deceased you do not live another lifetime as a different form of life

Being a Christian and having beliefs in reincarnation conflicts with one another. Reincarnation is a belief that usually Buddhists believe in. Religiously I am not supposed to have these thoughts about another lifetime. It states in the Bible that after judgment day your spirit lives on but your soul is with the lord. Those were my beliefs not knowing what to expect throughout life. Those are no longer my beliefs