Family and Friends

Emily - Hamilton, Ohio

Family and Friends

My family and friends are my life. I don’t know where I’d be without them. I believe that family and friends mean everything, and they helped to shape me to be who I am today. My family are the ones how have watched me grow up and have taught me everything that I know. They are the ones then have been there throughout my whole life. When I was 12 my baby cousin had to have heart surgery, my aunt was a mess during this time. I witnessed my mom and my grandma being there for her through it all. My mom would go over and feed my cousin through his feeding tube and take care of him so that my aunt could have a rest. My aunt received tons of cards from friends of hers to show their support and send their love. When my cousin could not go on any longer they called for an emergency surgery. My mom stayed at the hospital with my aunt and uncle for as long as she could. After this happened I realized how much family really does matter, I knew this before but this time I really understood how much family means in life. My family has been there for me whenever I need them, my friends are right there with my family as well. My friends are the ones who are there for me through thick and thin and know most everything about me. There may be times where you go through rough times with each other but true friends work through it and become even closer. When I was a junior in high school my friend and I weren’t getting along because of a decision I had made. The decision was to date her older brother, she was really upset and I didn’t know what to do. So I explained to her everything I was feeling and she explained her side and we ended up working through it. We then became even closer and are still friends to this day even though I’m dating her older brother. No matter what mistakes I make or what decisions I make I know that I’ll always have my friends there for me. Whenever I need help or just need someone to be there for me I know that my family and friends will be there right by my side no matter what. My mom has always told me, and this is what I believe, family is most important and then come friends and if I am ever feeling down I will always know that I will have someone right there with me trying to pick me right back up.