Ranting

Christine - malone, New York

A three minute statement on something I believe? More like a three minute ranting session on the topic once I left my English class, don’t get me wrong I loved the idea of the “this I believe essays” But I wasn’t sure what to write. But I soon found my topic.. It was right in front of me all along. Something that I do everyday Something that makes me, me. Something that may be a little silly to believe in, but its still my belief just the same.

I believe in ranting. To me its healthy, a stress releaser or even something to do when your bored. To me ranting doesn’t have to be necessarily a negative thing. It’s a great way to express how you feel and I love that.. During the summer, I wasn’t to crazy about my job of serving ice cream. It was about a 20 minute drive there and back, and at that time I didn’t have my license so my boyfriend drove me most of the time. I worked a lot of nights so I didn’t get home until late. I also didn’t get along with a few people that worked there with me. But it was a check every week and I didn‘t hate that. On the rides home from work with my boyfriend, he would ask how my night went. And when he did so I soon found myself ranting about my job the whole way to my house. Once I was done ranting about my boss, the rude customers, the dirt streaks the mop left be hide on the floor, that I new I would get yelled at for the next day. All the ranting made me feel better, I moved on. I wasn’t dwelling on my crappy night at work. I wasn’t hating my life. I was just ranting. Letting the stress out so I could move on. It may sound a little lame, Complaining about your day just so you’ll feel better. But to me complaining about you day or just something that happened to you for a few minutes everyday, will get your mind off it. So you can stop worrying about the “what could have happened,” “what should of happened” kinds of things that everyone thinks about at some point.

I believe everyone should rant everyday. It truly can make you feel better. Maybe even make some people less depressed. And more happy with the lives they are living or even change their lives all together , who knows.

So go on rant today!