Death

Brad - Park Hills, Missouri

Is death what makes it so much fun? Is watching an animal take its last breath because of me, what makes the sport so popular? No, there are many reasons why hunting is so popular, and why so many people enjoy it.

Hunting is an amazing sport. Having the privilege to harvest an animal makes me appreciate life and animals so much more. Many youth enjoy the thrill of hunting. I think that it gives families a way to spend time, and a way to bond, and become closer. I also think that it gives kids something to do, rather than be out roaming the streets. When I was a young boy, in 6th grade, I had haunted all deer season, and had no luck. I woke up early on the last day of deer season to hunt before school. I’m sitting there in the dark thinking how great it would be to see a deer standing there when the sun comes up. Then suddenly, seconds after the sun rose, the animal I had sat on that hard seat for hours and days waiting for, and had climbed 30 feet into a tree for finally showed her self. She walked out into the clearing, and I was so nervous, and excited. I almost had an accident. It was so beautiful. She was beautiful. I didn’t want to take her life, but I knew I was helping control the population, and my family. She was an amazing animal, and after the direct hit, she was gone instantly. I felt so honored, and privileged to harvest that deer.

I believe that hunting helps more than it hurts. It helps the deer not get over populated. If we don’t harvest the animal, then they become over populated, and run out in front of cars, and get hit. It kills people, and tears cars up. Also many deer that get hit by cars don’t die on impact. They lay there and suffer. My brother was driving to his girlfriends’ house one night after it snowed, but the roads had been plowed. They were on a curvy road, and they hit a deer. They slid off the road. It could have been a bad deal. How would my brother have lived the rest of his life, it he would have hurt that girl? All in all, that how I came to believe so strongly about hunting.