Never Take Things For Granted

Jessica - Farmington, Missouri
Themes: death

What if not only the person who was your boyfriend but your best friend and he died in a car crash, what would you do?

January 5, 2007 started out just like any other day. I got up around 10:00am to get ready; I was going to meet Jason (my boyfriend) at 12:00pm. I got ready and meet him at Applebee’s so that we could get something to eat before going to the mall to get a present for his moms’ birthday.

We got back to town around 6:00pm. My best friend Brittany called and wanted to know if Jason and I wanted to come over to play cards and watch some movies, I told her yes and that we would be there around 6:30pm or so.

When we got to her house they had already started playing cards, so we sat down and joined in. At around 11pm I was ready to go home, but Jason had road with me and he wasn’t ready to leave yet, he said that he would have David (Brittany’s Boyfriend) take him back to his car, I said ok and told him I would call him when I got to my house.

I got home at about 12-12:30am and called Jason, but there wasn’t an answer, so I figured he would call me later, when he seen that I called. At 2:00am I got a call from Brittany, she said that she had some really bad news. She told me that David and Jason were on their way to get Jason’s car, when they ran off the road and flipped twice. David was sent to St. Johns Medical Center, and was in critical condition, and Jason had been ejected from the car and was killed instantly off of impact. It took a few minutes for everything to hit me, but when it did it was like my whole world came crashing down around me. I didn’t know what to do or what to say, I was in such shock because I had just talked to him three hours before that. It took a few days for me to understand everything that had happen, but I was able to pull threw it by remembering the good and forgetting about the bad.

This is why I have come so strongly to believe, that nothing in life should ever be taken for granted. Because in just a few short hours everything can change.