Sean - sonoma, California

Inner Strength

I believe that everyone has the inner strength to accomplish their goals in life. If you really want to achieve something in life, you go for it. I can remember when I was a little kid, watching football games. I wanted to be that player out on the field when I got to high school. I wanted to be that player making that tackle. At the time, I didn’t know that I had the inner strength, the competence to achieve what I desired.

When I was a little kid I always used to play football with my friends out on the school field. I had always imagined that the day I got myself a starting spot on the varsity team would come, but I knew it wouldn’t come easy. Since that dream of me playing on the field, I have been hooked. I started working out a lot, running, and playing catch every day I could. I wanted it bad. As I got older, I began to get better and better at what I was striving to be, a good team player. After school practices in hot august weather made it very difficult and tough to want to keep going. I put my blood and sweat into every play I ran. Even after practice, I continued to run, catch passes and practice my form tackling. My friends and I were determined. We possessed that inner strength that I think every person has.

We continued on through the hot days, ridiculed for being freshman and many other difficulties such as the demanding 100 yard sprints coach would always make us run. But I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. All of my hard work would be put to the test. Varsity season was around the corner and I couldn’t have been more jittery. But I kept my head up, kept pushing forward and realized that I had accomplished what I had been wanting for so long, a starting position. I believe all people have potential to accomplish their aspirations and desires. We all have a certain quality that defines our character but we all share one thing in common, which is the desire to become great.

I played my year to full potential. I had received not only benefits from football such as being in shape and being able to play in an all-star game, but other qualities. Self-determination, responsibility and teamwork are all traits that helped me become a better person and are accessory items to the one thing that relates us all together, inner strength.

The road of success is long and hard, take it from me, but I wouldn’t have done it any other way. I didn’t believe it, but my inner strength put those beliefs of achievement right back in me. We all have this special ability; it just takes a love, a passion to bring it out of us. Ambitious you will be, when feeling the essence of desire tingle throughout your body, nothing will be able to stop you or me.