Chad - Yadkinville, North Carolina

“Impossible Is Nothing”

Are you tired of people saying you can’t do something, that it’s impossible? I strongly believe in the quote, “Impossible is Nothing”. You can do anything you set your mind to as long as you believe in yourself. I overcame the “Impossible” when I was born because the doctors said I wasn’t going to make it because my mom was bleeding internally.

“Impossible is Nothing”. Later in life I was told by someone that I should just forget about soccer in college because there isn’t a team that I would be able to play for. I was told it would be a waste of my time even trying out because the chances of me making the team were slim to none. I attended Campbell University for my first semester as a college student. I tried out for the soccer team and was told to come back in the spring and tryout again. I went and played club soccer until spring rolled around again. I started every game on the club team and I was at every practice even if there were only 5 of us to show up. I was honestly the best outside midfielder they had on the team. My own father told me that maybe I should rethink playing soccer in college because obviously I wasn’t going to go anywhere with it just because I didn’t make the varsity team at a Division I school. I pushed my body physically in the weight room, at practice, and in the classroom.

“Impossible is Nothing”. I am now a part of the Greensboro College Men’s Soccer team. I was told I wasn’t going to make it in this life if I didn’t make tons of money. I was told I would be better off going to school to be a Pharmacist at Campbell University rather than having a job related somehow to sports. I am now going to school to receive my Bachelors in Athletic Training and I will then end up receiving my Doctorate in Physical Therapy. I will be a trainer for a professional sports team of some sort, either soccer or football. I wanted to become a part of the military and my family and friends told me that I wouldn’t make it. After receiving my Bachelors in Athletic Training I plan to join the military to receive my Physical Therapy license to prove to them they are wrong.

“Impossible is Nothing”. I was picked on and threw to the ground when I was a little kid, not because I was geeky or anything like that. I was always trying to participate in sports with kids twice my size. I had fire and determination in my eyes every time I stepped out on the court or field. I was told I wouldn’t ever be big enough to play with those guys and my freshman year of high school I weighed 115 lbs and was 5’2 at the time. My soccer coach in High School told me I wouldn’t see any playing time if I didn’t get any bigger and he said if I was even thinking about playing in college to just forget it. My senior year of high school I weighed in at 175 lbs at 6’0. My soccer coach my senior year said, “Chad you have a very good chance of playing college soccer if you do well this season.” Three games into the season I was slide tackled in an exhibition game at North Davidson High School. My season was finished. My physical therapist told me it would be impossible to even play in the last couple of games that season and I would probably not be playing soccer anymore.

“Impossible is Nothing”. I played in the playoff games at the end of the season and we went to the third round. As I said earlier, I am now playing for Greensboro College Men’s Soccer team, so I proved the therapist wrong through my willingness to do my therapy and get back to playing the sport I love. Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t so something because it is impossible. “Impossible is Nothing”.