Making a difference

gary - north bangor, New York
Themes: environment

I believe people are ignorant. I believe I am in the same category as everyone else as well. You see, my philosophy has a lot to do with people living there life’s, day to day, doing the same thing. We get up, go to work, or possibly school, we have 3 meals a day, pay bills, and sometimes if you’re lucky, you have a “hobby” like a game console in witch you may play for hours in your free time. Then we go to sleep just to wake up and do that same thing over again. You see, this is the life in witch we live, but we sometimes forget that we made our lives this way. When the first humans walked the earth they were out for bare survival. Today we rarely think that we have to survive, instead we think about what we can do for “fun”. Fun is never a bad thing, until it makes people forget what there soul purpose for being here on planet earth, really is. I feel like we are not doing what were supposed to be doing and I feel like we are not looking at the minor details that could ultimately hold the rulebook for all humanity. Christopher Morley once said “life is a foreign language, all men mispronounce it. I agree with that statement because it shows that even though people do something, and they complete it, that doesn’t make it done the right way. That all partially backs my theory up. Many things in this world are screaming for help. Take the ozone layer for instance, we have begun to destroy the layer in witch we need for the survival of all life. Why would we do that? We would do that because we are ignorant to the fact were not supposed to be doing certain things. We don’t consider the long term effects of the little things we do, nor do we care at the moment, we only think about ourselves, witch is why we’re in the predicament of having to replenish the ozone, and having to create alternate energies to live on. Think about it, if we never created the study of science, do you think we would have gotten so industrial and become too lost on our journey? I, myself believe we would have benefited greatly from staying “old fashioned” because we would have thought about things before we did them, we wouldn’t have lost our morals and respect for the beautiful planet we live on. Even though we haven’t been on track I feel like there is always room for correction. We can always pick up a new aspect in life and try to help the planet.

Everyday I try to do at least one thing to help improve the planet, if it consists of recycling a piece of paper or if its holding a door open for someone, I think it will help.