Schwencke - Malone, New York

I believe that even though you may not be happy, keep your head up and don’t give up. My mom always says “This too will pass.” This is a saying even if you got really bad news, you can make it through it. But that is easier said than done. It seems that some people in the world don’t understand how precious the human life is. You may feel that it is okay to drive fast, smoke, drink, etc. You don’t realize the choices you make will affect you and your family, Even your career. You worry your whole life about your family, But sometimes you can’t do anything about the other driver. Chrissy had her whole life ahead of her. She enjoyed every minute of her life. She knew how to make you smile and laugh no matter how bad of a day you were having. But this was about to end from one trip home. Chrissy and Josh were on their way home from my other friends house the morning after prom. She wasn’t any ordinary kid, she didn’t think it was cool to drink. She just lived a totally different lifestyle. The accident had nothing to do with alcohol or anything along those lines. You know how it is to drive a small car. You can’t see anything when it comes to looking around supports in the road. Josh took the corner to turn on to Chrissy’s road and the oncoming truck hit on her side. She was flew to Dartmouth-Hitchcock medical center. You always think the worst and attempt to put those thoughts in the back of your mind. To get the phone call that your friend is fighting for her life. You just don’t know what to say. My boyfriend had comforted me and said that it would be okay, I received a call at 11:00 pm to know that she had passed away. At that moment I realized you can’t be so serious about life, Live your life for the moment. Yup I wear the same green bracelet every day and it reminds me how special of a person she was. I will never forget that girl she made a huge impact on my life. It also made me realize how much of an impact I make on my peers and my family. It’s not easy sometimes, I go to sign online to leave her a message or go to send her a text message and realize that I just can’t do it anymore. That is when I have to say to myself. “This too will pass.”