Thank yous do help

Coby - malone, New York
Themes: gratitude

I believe that people, who say Thank You more often, receive more thanks than they would if they didn’t. I know because it has happened to me, and it still does.

I believe that if you thank people for the kind acts that they perform, than you will feel better about yourself inside especially when someone says thank you to you. It’s the feeling that you get when you give someone a Christmas gift and you get to see that fascinated look on their face because you know its what they wanted and they thank you. I like to get that feeling so I say thank you a lot, the other day an older man said thank you to me when I held the door open for him at the supermarket, he had a cart and couldn’t open the door alone so I just did it, I had nothing else to do so I thought that I would be nice. In return I got a thank you and a great big smile, which made me feel good.

There are many things that you can do that can get you a thank you from people. Some of the other things that I have done are things in school like if someone drops their books on the floor, bend over and help them pick them up, or even help someone in a class that you have together that you are good at and they are having a hard time with, they will say thank you and it could start a friendship. That is how I met my fiend Joe. He had the same computer class that I did and he wasn’t very good with computers. He didn’t know what to do so I helped him and I got a thank you then we started to hang out and we became good friends. I think that it I wouldn’t have helped him on the computer that day than we wouldn’t be friends today.

Its funny that those two simple words “Thank You”, can be so powerful, because they are the words of friendship, if you are going to say thank you to someone its because you like them or they helped you do something that in other words would not have been done the same way if it wasn’t for them. So Thank you for listing to my words of this I believe.