Truth

Mian - malone, New York
Themes: integrity

In life there is one most important principle I follow. That principle is truth; this is something that I really believe. It started when I was in fourth grade, a friend of mine came up from New York City for a visit. He is a Buddhist to the extreme. Were you have to be pure inside and out. So being truthful is being pure. He said that “if you tell the truth, you won’t go to hell.” Since I was a kid, I believed him. From then on I told the truth and nothing but the truth.

Telling the truth all the time isn’t easy. Back then I was scared of the place called “hell.” No body knew if it existed, but one thing is for sure when I die I don’t want to go there. To this day I almost always tell truth. If I lie, I would dig myself a deeper hole or be living in a world of illusion. It just means I am not ready for the real world when I lie. However I am ready, by telling the truth. The truth is something that gets me moving through the day, if I would lie I would just be living a day behind.

This belief is a big part of my life. I try to tell all the truth sometimes I would want to lie to make the other person feel better but it ends up making both of us feel bad at end of the day. I started young and it has got me prepared for the future of truth telling.