Stephanie - north bangor, New York
Themes: place, pleasure

Everyone at one point or another needs time away from the computer/television, world that we live in. With these families and friends, are not as close. Camping can be very powerful whether or not, people realize this.

When I was younger, camping was the thing I looked forward to the most, every year, besides Christmas… We would gather our neighbors, grad the speed boat, and all head up to Meacham Lake. We enjoyed every second spent up there. Both families really became one whole family over the many years spent together. There was always something to do up there, whether it was, fishing, wave boarding, or riding bikes. For the kids riding bikes was a big thing. Somehow, while riding bikes, you’d always seem to make new friends. When you were younger, making new friends was so much easier. But no matter what every year I’d leave Meacham Lake with a new friend.

After fun filled days of being on the lake, or riding bikes for miles. We’d go back to our campsites and cook a great big meal, just like we had for breakfast earlier that morning. The meal being well equipped for a king. But we don’t camp anymore. We sold our camper 6 or 7 years ago. Every summer I wish we’d still go camping, and one day I’ll buy a new camper and start up that summer tradition again.