Christopher - Malone, New York

This I Believe.

As I thought about my past I came to the realization that I was never out of control as a child. Most of the time, I did what I was told. If I didn’t listen the fist time I was asked I would make sure I did the second time. I didn’t complain about much and I never got out of hand when something didn’t go my way, because I controlled myself.

I believe in self control. With a little self control you can keep yourself out of trouble and help others more effectively. I often see people make very poor decisions because they have felt pressured or let someone talk them out of what is right. If you can control your body and emotions you can clear your mind and make better choices.

I always try to keep control of how I feel and what I do because I want to be able to help someone if they ask. When I am doing something for someone I don’t let myself get involved because my opinion might not be the right choice for that person. If I just do what they ask and keep control of myself I can tell them what should be done.

IF everyone started to keep more control over there actions I believe that the world would have a chance at becoming a better place. I believe there would be less violence. I also believe that global warming may be corrected. I believe all this because most people know what is right but they do what’s wrong for the simple reason that they have no self control.