Hard work pays off

Derek - malone, New York
Themes: work

I believe that hard work pays off. Everyone works so hard and don’t think that it’s worth what they do to work so hard. They way I look at it is that working hard will help you build character, and you will get that nice check at the end that will make it all worth it in the end.

The main reason I believe that hard work pays off is because no matter how much I hate what I do I will always get that big fat check, or help someone else out in the end. Just like when, I first started working, not under the table anymore, when I had to wait two whole weeks till I get that nice juicy check. I hated that after I worked so hard that at the end of the day there was no money being handed to me anymore. As the days rolled on and on I got more frustrated not having any cash on me, and not being able to do stuff with my friends, like go places. I was getting to the point where I just wanted to quit my job cause I was so frustrated work so hard everyday and not getting any cash at the end, but I thought to myself adults are able to do it and survive, so I waited out the two weeks. Finally two weeks has passed and I get my first check. I go to work that day I walk into work and grab my check; the lady hands it to me I crack it open to look, and that check was the biggest jucyest check ever. I went straight to the bank to go and cash it in. I was able to last well over two weeks with that money, and I was able to save a lot also. At the end I eventually bought my own car, got my own insurance, and have extra cash to go out and have a good time.

I learned form that point on that hard work always pays off. People should work hard all the time weather its work, or school for in the end it is well worth it bringing home the mula to your family you will once have and to take care of. For this I believe.