never give up

Stephanie - Grangeville, Idaho

I believe that you should never give up. In your life you are going to make many decisions, wether the out come is good or bad.

It was the summer of 2003, when i got my second horse named Okie. He was five years old, a pretty bay, and full of energy. The rest of the summer we became buddies. When it hits winter time you can’t ride as much because there’s snow on the ground and you can slip and fall. So in the middle of February i started riding a lot. The next two months were so rough for me. Okie would test me all the time to see what he could get away with. At the time I wasn’t that great of a rider. He did everything in his power to win me over in our conflicts. Every time i would go out and ride I would come in upset or crying because he scared me so bad.

I began to think quite often that maybe the best way to get rid of the problem, was to sell him. Its been five years now, and i am so glad i didn’t. We have become a great team. Over the years i have won soo many trophies and ribions, and have so many memories i wouldn’t ever want to forget. Right now i am princess of Grangeville Border Days Rodeo. Whithout Okie i couldn’t have won the competition. He’s the best horse i have ever had.

Just think if I would have gotten rid of him and bought a new horse, i don’t think i would be princess right now. So my advice to you is don’t give up to early, or in my problem i was afraid. Just hang on and ride through your conflicts and it will get better.