Sam - Grangeville, Idaho

I believe that this is our life and it is the only one we get. Many people have their religions that talk about an after life and what you do in this life will affect your after life. I believe that what I do in this life will affect me in this life, if not in body in mind. I remember one time when I was a little kid I stole a candy bar from a store because my mom wouldn’t buy it for me. I knew what I had done was wrong and I instantly felt guilty for doing it. When we walked out of the store I felt so guilty that I threw the candy bar to the side hoping that my guilt would leave with the bar. My mom saw me throw the candy bar and I got in trouble and I had to return the candy bar. But what my mom had me do wasn’t the big lesson that I learned that day, I learned that even if no one sees you do something bad it doesn’t mean you got away with it because the memory of what you did will stay with you. This is why I believe in the saying, “A true persons self comes out while he is alone”. I think that saying say’s that if you want to know if someone is a good person see how they act when they are alone, because that is when they are being their true selves. To me this relates to life, because if you do bad things in this life it won’t affect you in another life and you may be able to go through life without getting caught, but you will always have the memory of what you’ve done and it will stay with you till you are able to throw it to the side like a candy bar. I believe that this is our life and it is the only one we get and if it isn’t the life you like you can’t pray for a better life next time but you have to work hard to change this life into the one you want.