Luke - Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Themes: question, science

Intelligent Design

I believe macroevolution is impossible. Not just improbable, but impossible. What is macroevolution? Macroevolution is the evolution of one form of living species, to another. Microevolution on the other hand does happen. I believe this was built into all or most living species to enable it to adapt to different environments. Now, why is macroevolution impossible?

In order to construct something, anything, the proper materials must be available. Next they must all be in the same place. Then they have to move into the proper position. These procedures always, without fail, need an intelligent force to make them happen. The idea that the first cell formed without this intelligent force flies in the face of logical reasoning and true science. But suppose it did. Now there is a cell perfectly formed with all the necessary proteins. For the cell to function it needs information to tell it what to do. It needs to know what shape to be, what to ingest and when, what to excrete, when and how to reproduce, and many other functions all living cells perform. Where did this information come from? Did it evolve too? Information is not matter, so how can it evolve out of nothing? Look at a newspaper. Notice the building blocks. Millions of tiny wood fibers, bonded to make paper. Yea! It’s a newspaper! Not yet. First it needs to be covered all over with information in the form of inkblots. Plus it has to be a language somebody can understand. Imagine all this just evolving all of a sudden. I believe that’s absurd. Yet a newspaper evolving is more probable than a cell. Why? Because a cell is alive, a newspaper is not. A newspaper needs an intelligent being outside of itself to read it. Life makes it possible for a cell to read and understand its own information. Life also is not matter. How then can it evolve? A cell reproduces by splitting. In order for the new cell to form it needs an original living cell to already be in existence with all products and information in place. So then what came first, the cell, or the cell?