My Angel

Becca - Muncie, Indiana

I believe that you should never let a spoken word be left unsaid. I went through life being a little regretful about things that I have done or especially things that I have not done. My biggest fear was having something be left unspoken to someone that meant the most to me. The fact of not letting that certain person know how you feel or how much you care about them just flat out scares me. Two years ago one of my best guy friends had passed away in a car accident. I went through days where I was extremely angry, so stressed out that I would shut everyone away, times when I would blame everything that had happened on me, and moments when I would wish I could have done something to stop what had happened. Every day I continue to miss him more but I realized that each day that passes brings me one day closer to the next time that I will see him again. His life was everything someone could hope for their life to be. I do not think there was a moment where he never told his mom how much he loved her or a moment when he did not have a positive outlook on life. When I think of things I have been through and how short life is I believe you should live life to its fullest. I noticed that everything he had gone through was worth it because he pushed his self to be optimistic about every situation and he even taught me how to do that when I would go through the worst of times. To me and many others, we see him as such an inspirational person. I believe God might have actually sent him down on earth to be an angel. He was one of those people that could make you smile even just by his smile, and trust me he was always smiling. Whenever I am feeling alone he is the person I look to. I think of memories that make me smile and moments that he helped me through when I was feeling the worst. Even though life does not make sense at times and there is questions that will never be answered, you have to keep going and look to those that can help you through the most difficult moments. Thinking back on the years I had spent with Dean I noticed all the struggles he had went through and how he reacted to them. He was such an encouraging person that it made many others change their outlook on life. Because of him many have taken a couple extra steps to do something they wish they could do if they were to die tomorrow. I have seen a lot of my friends grow closer and many rekindle their friendships they had lost. I noticed that life is too short to hold grudges or to be stubborn to others. I found this quote on the internet listed as anonymous; it is really deep and makes me ponder on how I want my life to look to everyone else and how I want to impact people. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good.