Abortion: Murder in Disguise

Roy - Bradenton, Florida
Themes: birth, morality

Abortion: Murder in Disguise

In a society where religion seems to be being “phased out,” where morality is being thrown out of the window, abortion seems to be on the rise. I believe that abortion is wrong and should be outlawed. According to the laws of the United States people do not have the right to terminate another person’s life. So following these laws abortion is technically illegal because a life is being taken.

Personally, I strongly believe that abortion is an immoral practice that is dehumanizing unborn children. In my religion, the act of taking another’s life is considered atrocious, and it is spiritually tearing the soul of the one committing the crime. By aborting a pregnancy an innocent child is having its chance at life taken from it. One of the Ten Commandments states, “Thou shall not kill,” here God tells us only he can end life. Respectfully, this reinforces the fact that abortion is wrong, because an action by a person is ending the life of another. Many pro-choice people say that a woman should be able to choose if they want to terminate, but then again doesn’t the baby deserve to experience life as I am, or as you?

My baby sister was born about a year ago and I have experienced the joy she has brought to me and my family. I have been blessed to be able to experience the development of a new life to this world. I have seen her flourish, into an intelligent and active toddler. From seeing her crawl, to then seeing her push herself up and begin an attempt at walking. I find that this gift that was introduced to my family helped spark a new chapter in our lives. She helped us come closer as a family. When I speak about abortion I think to myself, how different would my life be now without my sister? Thankfully that is a question I don’t need to contemplate about much because she IS a part of my family.

The experience with my sister makes me wonder how anyone can purposefully murder such a beautiful thing. How can a person terminate one of

God’s most delicate creations? People attempt to justify it using the rape excuse, but truthfully those children are not at fault. Is it their fault that they were

the outcome of an unfortunate event? There is truth in that they can be a reminder of the attack, but alternatives to abortions do exist, adoption being one.

One method of abortion finds the child being partially delivered and its brain vacuumed out. One thing I have noticed by talking with some is the complete

lack of knowledge on the subject. And yet they attempt to justify it, if they educated themselves a bit they could possibly see this practice in another light. I

encourage people to read on the subject, look at how it is performed, and the make an informed decision. Is abortion murder?