Power in positivity

Anne - Sandy, Utah
Themes: hope

This I believe; that positivity is power. So often I find myself getting caught up in the troubles of life. Now don’t get me wrong my life is far from tragic. It is wonderful. I am truly blessed. But every so often I find myself overwhelmed, stressed and tired. In these moments I find it all too easy to just wallow in my self-pity and complain, but this achieves nothing. It seems to make things worse. I want to declare that I have found a higher road. One that actually helps me accomplish something in these “perilous” times of mine – a higher road, a positive road. It is not always easy to implement, perhaps that is why it is more beneficial. For example: those times that the art project I have been working on for hours, days, gets ruined. The paper I have been writing is lost and I didn’t back it up. My car breaks down and I have to call a tow truck, realizing my wages for the week are now assigned to my car and my new acquaintance, the tow truck driver. I could easily scream and shout, complain about the world and wail at the unfairness of my life. Instead, I strive to smile. I think about the positive and try to see how each situation can actually help me grow. For example, if my artwork is destroyed, well, it’s an opportunity to improve the piece and do it even better the second time. When the car breaks down, I think to myself, “Hey, at least the tow truck driver can put food on his table.” Life goes by so quickly. It’s a shame to be disgruntled by it. Instead enjoy it, even the bad situations, because they will only happen to you once… hopefully. Like Grandma used to say, “Life is far better when you make lemonade out of your lemons.” I find it’s much more refreshing!