True Love

Dana - Greenwood, Indiana
Themes: love

You know when you see an adorable couple walking down the street hand in hand, and they look completely in love? That’s what I believe life is all about. I believe in true love. True love is when you know that you want to be with this person for the rest of your life, and that you always want to be around them. This person will be the one who makes you most happy. I think that there is one person out there for everyone that fits those descriptions.

There was a young woman of about eighteen years old, who was had a boyfriend, whom she had been with for about four years. She truly believed that she was in love. This handsome young man had taken her to meet some friends of his at a lake house in the summer, and that’s when she saw him, this stranger. She had never even met him before, but she felt like she had seen him before, maybe in her dreams. It was like she started to realize the negative aspects of her relationship with her boyfriend, when she got to know more about this mystery man. They got to talking and she realized what a connection they had. It was almost like, like if it was love at first site. Not too long after, this beautiful young woman and her boyfriend split up. And before she knew it, this new man had walked into her life and not too much later; they were married with three wonderful children. That man would come to be my father, and that young lady, my mother.

They have been happily married for over 25 years, and they still have that true love for each other. My mother found out not too long ago, that her old boyfriend was now very rich and worked as a lawyer. When she found this out, she never even thought, “ I wonder what my life would have been like if I stayed with him?” She said she couldn’t imagine her life without my dad. I know that true love definitely played it course. It was love at first sight.

I know to many people that may sound tacky and a bit dramatic. I have watched many movies where true love takes place, such as the movies, Serendipity and The Notebook. I’m a firm believer that I have found true love as well, just like the kind of love that my parents have for each other. I have been with my boyfriend for about three years now, and I am head over heels for that boy. I can’t wait to see where life takes us, but I know definitely wouldn’t want to spend it with anyone else. I’m not a very religious person, but I have faith that there is a soul mate out there for everyone, and that God has a plan for who he wants us to marry.