Power of Prayer

Cameron - Fontana, California

POWER OF PRAYER

“Dear Heavenly Father I pray that you can forgive me for my sins, the ones that I am aware of and unaware of. I pray that you can bless my family and friends and keep them safe. Please let me become the man you have called me to be. Give me patience towards those who try to make me angry. I know that all things are possible through you Lord. I pray that one day you can look down on me and say well done my loyal and faithful servant. Please let not my will, but your will be done. Amen.”

I believe in the power of prayer. Prayer is what has grounded me and helped me through the tough times in my life. Because of the world we live in, bad things happen to good people. In the bible it says, “it rains on the just and the unjust”. Prayer is the method that I have chosen to help me through the troubled and painful times in my life. It is said that prayer can move mountains. That figurative statement simply means that what appears to be an impossible, difficult or a hopeless situation for me, can be worked out through prayer, because God does the impossible. I pray every day for protection and blessings for myself and loved ones. I pray for guidance and help in difficult situations.

I remember when I was a sophomore in high school; my parents bought me a car. It was an older car but it was transportation for me to get around in. In my senior year the engine went out in the car. I needed a car for a multitude of reasons, my parents were no longer financially able to assist me and I didn’t have any money. I looked for what seemed like months for a job. When I did find a job I averaged 10-15 hours every two weeks. So, I sought God for direction. I prayed for a new car, I prayed for more hours on my job, I prayed for peace in whatever the Lord’s will, would be. First, God opened the door for another job which gave me more hours and paid more money hourly. I was eventually able to save money and buy a car, not the car I wanted but a car all my own, which I was able to buy without any assistance from my parents or the need of a co-signer.

Some people may call all these things coincidental. They too are entitled to their beliefs, but I believe that through prayer, all these things came about. The Bible says that ALL things work together for good for those who are called according to His purpose. All prayers are answered, the answers are either yes, no or not now. God answers are always okay with me, because I believe God knows what is best for my life, so I put everything in his hands.