Don’t give up

Nerissa - West Jordan, Utah

Life is a challenge every day. We go through some days and enjoy every moment of it and then other days wham it hits us really hard. It has been many times when I have wanted to give up and throw in the towel but having a faith in God I know I can accomplish anything before me. We ask ourselves many questions about how I am going to make it through this now. The world seems to be going through what some may call a recession. People are losing their jobs, losing homes, the cost of food higher every day, and some retirements are being lost because of the market. This is causing many to feel as though they can’t go on or where do you turn. I haven’t lost my house but it has been a time in my life growing up that we didn’t have a home or food to eat but we always believed God will make a way. I believe that God will not put no more on us than we can bare. What each and every person goes through in their life I believe it’s there trial to overcome. I went through a really hard time in my life about six years ago. I started to lose a lot of weight, not much interest in my friends or family, and I thought will it ever get better. My family would call and say “Its going to get better you have to believe in God”, but yet I would ask why is this happening to me and is God really hearing me. A friend gave me this poem and told me it would help me to read it every day. It read:

God promised in a dream one night

That close, He’d always be

Regardless of my life’s distress,

He’d always walk by me.

Then flashing scenes

Showed every time

My life knew pain and wrath;

Yet a single set of footprints

Were etched on every path.

I asked why He’d abandoned me

In times so sad and blue,

God said “My child,

Those where the times

I chose to carry you.” by Ken Brown

After reading that I believe that today may be weary but I know that tomorrow will be my brighter day. I live my life knowing that this too shall pass.