Defense

Dallin - West Jordan, Utah
Themes: sports

I am completely certain that no matter what kind of sports team you have the only way to win a game is to have amazing defense. I will relate this to volleyball. In volleyball you can have the best offense that ever existed but if you team them up against a team with a defense that is amazing. The defensive team will always win. You can take two teams that both have amazing offenses and if they both have terrible defenses. The team who starts serving first will win only if there is a point cap. They would just go back and forth, back and forth switching points and getting side outs until the game is over. The key to volleyball is to not only dig the spike but to attack on the return. If you just dig the spike and lob it back over to them, then they have another easy chance to spike it hard right back at you. The trick is to get it up and give it back hard enough to them that they can’t give it back to you very hard. That is when you get on top of things. That is when you start winning and get control. That is when you can decide who wins. That is when you can mash it in their faces. There also are a lot of mind games involved. If you let a bad play or an error to affect you, you are done for. You have to keep your head in the game. There are so many little things in volleyball. There are so many things involved with blocking and digging a pass. You as the blocker can fake like you are going to block line then at the last second you can switch it to angle and completely take the hitter by surprise. Also as the defender you can fake like you will dig angle when the hitter looks where to hit and at the last second you can run over and take line. Those are just a few things that I love about volleyball, it’s what gives it so much of a variety and you can improve so much just by practicing these concepts.