I believe in

Samantha - Portland, Oregon
Themes: respect

I believe that everyone should show respect to everyone around them. I believe this because human beings can be very judgmental. If you look a certain way, sometimes people will judge you and decide whether or not they would want to either talk to you or just walk away. Every time someone walks out a door the judging starts, but that doesn’t mean that you should sit around the house all day in your pajamas. I have even caught myself judging people. I have also disrespected people.

I believe in respecting my grandparents. Even though half of them have passed away it’s the memories that make them alive. There has not been a time when I would want to disrespect them sometimes it slips out, but then right away I would be very upset and embarrassed. I would be upset because their fragile body is easily broken especially their heart. I would feel embarrassed because they do a lot for me and the thanks they get from me are just attitude.

I believe in respecting my parents and siblings. Respecting our parents is very hard for our age. We think that we are always right and our parents are always wrong. Our parents are here to help us through our obstacle filled life. Respecting them is the least we can do for them. How can we be respectful when they are wrong? Get the facts instead of arguing it helps because then you get the information and you either are right or you’re wrong. If you are wrong, you being respectful you, know to apologize. Respecting our siblings is hard because, sometimes they take it the wrong way. They start to ask if you want something from them. Sometimes you siblings can be like that, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop being respectful.

Respecting my friends and my enemies is another thing I believe in. Enemies! How can you respect your enemies? Respecting enemies is hard because they can be very disrespect to you, but if you are respectful to them then the enemy has no right to disrespect. I have very few enemies because I believe in respecting them. Friends are easier to be respectful to, but sometimes we girls, boys too, can talk behind their backs. That is isn’t showing much respect. Let’s say you have a group of three friends and you have a problem with one of them so you tell the other friend what the problem is. Odds are that friend will tell the other friend about it and they will talk behind your back. Then things get into a big mess.

This is what I believe. It’s original in many ways but it is true that if you respect others they will respect you. This is what I believe and if you have respect to life will go a long way. Respecting is easy if you close your mouth and open your ears to hear what others have to say. This is what I believe.