Never be satisfied

Dylan - San Antonio, Florida

I believe in never being satisfied. I have lived by this belief my whole life, and I think I am a better person for it. I don’t think I would be in college, or playing college baseball for that matter, if I had been satisfied with what I achieved in my time in high school. My belief can be summed up as; the biggest hindrance in a person’s life is themselves.

Never being satisfied can be applied in all facets of life. Great things generally don’t happen to complacent people that are not willing to go the extra mile. I think it is just human nature to want to be better in the future than they are presently. People who work hard are the only ones who take that step from wishing to be better to working at it.

We would not be the successful society that we are today if we were satisfied with living on plantations, or not mass producing products. Like most of the great countries of the past, ones success will never last if they get complacent and not try to expand on previous success. Also, I think that there is room for improvement in anything, no matter how flawless it appears, nothing is perfect.

Not one professional athlete has been satisfied with what they had achieved earlier in their life; they are always trying to get better. It is unfeasible for professionals to reach their success while relying on what they have done in the past. What separates ordinary people from their favorite athlete is not just pure skill; it’s the motivation to keep getting better.

In conclusion, I believe in never being satisfied. Great things happen only when a person never stops trying. I have learned that fact during many experiences throughout my whole life.