Street Smarts

Thomas - Chester, Virginia

I Believe In Street Smarts

In life, I believe all you need to succeed is street smarts. You definitely need street smarts in life or you would basically have nothing to work with. If you have street smarts which my dad and I have you can basically excell in any business venture you take part in. My dad did not go to college and yet he built a housing developing company from nothing. We now do very well thanks to my dad’s street smarts. I plan to do the very same thing that my dad did twenty five years ago. I definitely believe in street smarts rather than book smarts. The reason is that you can have all the degrees in the world, but still not how to make it in the real world and actually succeed. I have inherited my dads street smarts and have already made some money doing what I do best, selling things. If you have book smarts then you’ll be able to get a job based just on your qualifications. You wont however be able to make it on your own in my opinion. I dont plan on working for anyone when i get out of college. I plan on opening a division of my dads business in Florida and hopefully the economy will turn by then. Eventually, due to my dads sense of entrepreneurship, T.H. Corp. will be all up and down the east coast and beyond. I hope that the business will be passed down from generation to generation. The way I see it, your either born with street smarts or your not. The people who arent born with street smarts go out and get book smart which generally I dont believe in. I wouldnt have come to college if I didnt know it would be any fun. The only reason I am here is to have a good time before I go out into the real world. Other than that I already know what I am going to do for the rest of my life. That is making a lot of money with my dad and the business he started twenty five years ago out of nothing. I truly believe in street smarts. It will get you far in life and you will succeed much better with it than book smarts. Street smarts is the main principle I believe in this life.