Inspirations

Caroline - Leawood, Kansas
Themes: pleasure

I believe that everybody is inspired by someone. Whether it be a parent, brother, sister, grandparent, friend, or stranger, someone’s story touches a life. The inspiration becomes a role model and is the principle force in changing lives.

For me, inspiration came at a young age. My role model Rebecca Wright was a girl I used to dance with. She was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at the age of seven months but she never let her disease control her life. I could not see it when I was younger, but Becca inspired me to become the best dancer I could be. She encouraged me to keep trying if I messed up and congratulated me when I succeeded. Becca also inspired me through her dancing; her passion was something that drew my eye to her on the stage and inspired me to also dance with my heart.

Becca inspired me outside the dance studio as well. Whether it was because she knew she wasn’t going to live a long life or just because it was her instinct, Becca was an inspiring friend. No matter what hardships she was facing in her life, she always made time to sit down with me and ask how my day was going. She made sure that I knew that she was always there for me if I ever needed someone to talk to. Some time later I realized that this friendship Becca brought into my life inspired me to become a better friend to everyone around me.

Because she was an inspiration to me, it was hard to say goodbye to Becca when she passed away this year. She was only twenty-two, but her short life was truly an inspiration to me. Even in death she continues to inspire me to live my life to the fullest and to not take each day for granted. Her passion for dance also inspires me still to work to become the best dancer I can be.

Everyone’s life is touched by somebody’s story; for me, it was Rebecca’s. She inspired me to become the best person I can be and I can never thank her enough. Inspiration comes in many different forms. Whether it be a relative, friend, or stranger, I believe that everybody is inspired by someone.