This I Believe, Love Causes Happiness

Victor - Queen Creek, Arizona
Themes: family, love

I believe that Love is that deepest feeling of admiration and respect that one person can have for another, like I feel toward my wife Vangie and my children, the special people in my life. I think of myself as the luckiest man in the planet, just being her husband makes me feel special and fortunate of having five children with her Carl (18) Tricia (13), Victor (7), Daniel (6) and Brooklyn (4). I find it amazing when we just sit in a room watching TV and we are thinking the same thoughts, or craving the same things, that is mind blowing. We carpool to work on the weekends and we past the one hour long drive into Phoenix in conversation and it makes the drive seem so short, we spend the time in the car sharing opinions that seem very important, even if it’s just talking about a movie or trading stories of our past, it is known as profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person, a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection; as for a parent, child, or a friend; a person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved, often used as a term of endearment. These were the many definitions of love I share with Vangie, most of all a Friendship.

After looking through the explanations of the term, I came up with a definition of my own. I translate love as an emotion that causes a person to commit acts of kindness. Love is deeply correlated to the word “happiness”. When a person loves, they can’t help but feel happy. They feel almost indestructible. Love is definitely unique.

Love for another is an amazing feeling, when it hits you, you can’t help but smile when they are around you, laugh when they tell jokes, or cry when they cry. I consider our relationship as being the first time I have love, I felt that it was definitely the best feeling in love, to feel the love for the first time. I always wanted to be around her, we were always together. It may sound weird coming from a man to be talking about love, especially with the way society perceive men these days, but I digress. Love for a partner is special, most people would hold on to it for dear life because they would never want to lose that person they love. Some people have to let go the ones they love because it is what must be done for that individual to move on. I used “individual”, because we were alone before we meet a significant other and we are alone when we let them go. Sometimes you don’t even need to let a lover go. It just sort of happens out of a certain circumstances, maybe by death. But nevertheless, that love will not go away until you let it. It is something that people call true love. True love causes happiness.

Family shares a certain love that be compared to that of a significant other’s “true love”. My family calls it unconditional love. It is affection towards someone, pertaining to family in this case, that has no limits or conditions. It is total and complete love, no matter what happens family will always be around. Whether you have just gotten a divorced or gravely ill, you can always count on a brother or a mother to take care of you. These are the important loves that will come throughout your lives. Love will come in many forms and shapes, but it is still much appreciated. If more people were to learn how to love, I think that the world would definitely be a brighter place. But for now, we can take one step at a time. Appreciate the ones that you hold dear and tell them that you love them. It’s guaranteed to make happier.