It’s Hard To Forgive

RayVonda - chicago, Illinois
Themes: forgiveness

I believe in forgiveness but not second chances. I personally feel that every one in their heart should learn to forgive but never to give someone a second chance because if u do it once then you will do it again.

A while back I was in a relationship with this boy named Yterrian and we were dating for several months. He was always someone I could talk to, trust, and feel safe around, about any and everything. He was the only one who knew me best when others could not.

On day I received a phone call from him saying that his mom wanted him to move back to Calumet City with her and we can only see each other only on weekends now. So we talked, cried, and we spent our last couple of hours together before he had gone off to his new journey.

The only thing left was the memories and the gifts that he once gave.

When he got home I had been the first person he had called and talked to. He stated over and over about how he didn’t wanna leave and how he will never hurt me and remain faithful for the remainder of our long distance relationship and how he had missed me so much (and it hasn’t been that long since he’s been gone).

Monday was his first day of school at T.F North high school. He called me and let me know how his first day had gone. Everyday he would call me constantly every hour on the hour, until all of a sudden two months later he on only started calling every other day and when we did talk it was only for one minute or two. And right then is when I realized that something had to be going on.

He called me one day and confessed to me that he had been cheating on me with a girl named Stephanie and that’s why the phone calls and visits stop coming around like they used to. I replied that I hated him and didn’t want to EVER have anything to do with him ever again. The reason I said that is because he once stated before he left that he will never fail our relation ship but he turns around and does the complete opposite, and I thought more of him.

The next day CONSTANTLY he had been calling apologizing, saying sorry, and asking for another chance but im my heart I couldn’t seem to say yes again. I stop answering his calls after a while and when I started that his aunt starting calling saying that I should just talk to him because he didn’t mean it, and he loves me, and I should give him another chance. But I said no because if he loved me and was sorry like he say he was then I feel as if he shouldn’t have done what he did in the first place.

One day I just sat back and thought to myself really hard on what had happen and picked up the phone and dialed his number and said “I CANT GIVE U ANOTHERCHANCE,AND I WILL NEVER FORGET BUT YES I FORGIVE YOU”