an understanding of me

Mimi - Ft. Worth, Texas

I am a twenty-year-old white female future social worker. I was baptized Episcopalian, attended Catholic school and dabbled in the idea of wicken. I both attended and worked at a catholic camp for a dozen years. I was enrolled in a small liberal high school where the majority of the students were either Jewish or atheist. I now attend Texas Christian University which is over two thousand miles from my home in Seattle Washington.

I believe in experiences

I believe in God and consider religion and spirituality to be a personal topic. I do not accept the use of religion as a weapon against others. People should be treated with respect and decency. No matter if you are gay or straight; black, white, Asian or Hispanic; rich or poor; man, woman or somewhere in between; republican or democrat; Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Zoroastrian or atheist; disabled, uneducated, southern, or even bald- we all have to right to the pursuit of happiness. If you do good to others, then you have the right to a good life yourself.

I believe that differences are beautiful

My best friend went to Chile for a study abroad semester starting in the summer of 2007. A couple weeks into her exciting adventure, she went on a hiking trip with some friends. She fell off a cliff to her sudden and immediate death on August 3rd 2007. After hearing the news and holding my friends together I was able to break down by myself. I gave the eulogy at her funeral a week later. Now over fifteen months have passed and the pain still lives deep inside who I am.

I believe in angels

This I believe

I believe that everything happens for a reason

This I believe

I believe in the innate right to free thought by all

This I believe

I believe that people should not hurt others

This I believe

I believe that hate gets you nowhere in life

This I believe

I believe that religion is functional

This I believe

I believe in looking at both sides

I believe in the brighter side of life

This I believe

I believe that everything is grey, and nothing comes in black and white

This I believe

I believe that I cannot tell you what to do, say or think

This I believe

I believe that passion for good can take you anywhere

This I believe

I believe that nobody should use hate

I believe that everyone should show people the respect that they deserve

This I believe

I believe in the goodness of everyone

This I believe

I believe that everyone can believe in anything as long as it does not hurt others or themselves

This I believe

I believe in love and passion

I believe in faith and soul

This I believe

I believe in dancing as if nobody is watching

I believe in deep and true friendships that rattle your soul

I believe in you

I believe in me

This I believe