the golden rule

KD - Alachua, Florida
Themes: golden rule

I Believe Essay

Everybody always talks about the “Golden Rule” but I believe in a much more broad rule. I believe that every one should be nice to everyone. If everyone was this kind many problems would be solved instantly. There would be no crime for one. Plus everyone would be overlay happier.

When I was ten years old and attending fifth grade I was often teased and picked on. Because I was not favorable by some people I started to become mean to them and others too. Since I was nasty to everyone no one wanted to be my friend and I was picked on even more than before. If I was instead kind to everyone, even the bullies, I wouldn’t have been in a situation as such.

It took me awhile to relies my mistakes and make amends. But I now know that I shall always be nice to everyone even if they are not nice to me.

Being benevolent to everyone is very easy to accomplish and can benefit both you and your fellow man. In a way acting nasty towards people is harder to do than being nice. All you really have to do is act like a decent human being and nothing but that and people will immediately begin to recognize your personal effort to become more kind and therefore treat you with the same kindness.

I have learned to become nice the hard way. But I now know to always try my best to be as decent as possible to everyone around me even if I am not particularly fond of that person. I always try to be kind because of my personal experiences with being mean to people and being treated mean back and because I am much happier with my life now then when I was ten years old. In fact I’m sure anyone’s overall quality of life will improve greatly after they learn to treat others with kindness. Everyone should try with there full extent to be as kind and decent to everyone, whether if it is a random homeless man asking for some spare change or your best friend asking for a favor. This I believe.