Power Is Evil

Kevin - Glassboro, New Jersey

I believe that power is evil. Hierarchy is a violation of an accepted moral law, one who seeks power over another does not apply the same standards to others that he does himself. I believe that power creates subordinates, and destroys direct democracy. To use America as an example, in the work place, we workers have no say in the decisions that affect our lives, and we are ordered to do things for the company and the company only. This is reinforced by the government, propaganda, religion, and everything else that aids the State in it’s desensitizing of the masses. To use another example, Nazi Germany was perpetuated by a few intelligent men. Leaders persuaded a whole country that what they were doing was necessary. The average citizen was turned into a pawn and acted violently towards the people the leaders told them were evil.

To cure this, I believe in a classless, egalitarian society. However, this cannot happen over night. Unions like the Industrial Workers of The World (Wobblies) promote freedom and the spread of useable literature. I believe that unions like the IWW stand as class enemies against the rich, who are willing to fight for all of our freedom when they come to take it away. I believe that the labor force is the best way to attack the rich. During General Strike, the rich, or the minority, have two things they can do. They can either attack the workers, or give into their demands. Collectively bargaining gives everyone a voice, and everyone a family. I believe that when everyone works together, we can achieve anything. Of course it is not this simple, it takes years of struggle against the ruling class, as shown during the labor movement.

I receive a lot of arguments from proud Americans who love their governments, to proud Americans who hate their governments, but believe it is a necessary evil. To reinforce my stance, I tell them about natural law, which requires no polices, no rules, and no judges. These laws are engrained in every person’s brain, the understanding of right from wrong. Most people would not steal food from a starving child, and if they did, they would have to be quite pathological. In contrast, the State does this on an enormous level, and it is done behind the backs of the average American who is completely oblivious.