Svetlana - Gig Harbor, Washington

Everyone has their own mind to speak whether it is a definition, thought, or something they simply believe in. Everyone defines everything different in their minds. It doesn’t necessarily mean there definition is what the dictionary says, but it does have the same meaning. Regret to me is the number one cause of who we are today. Regrets are what make us for who we are. A mistake that we learn and wish never to repeat. Over all a regret made me me and you you. This I believe. But the dictionary defines the word regret as a feeling of sorrow or remorse for a fault, act, loss, or disappointment. All this is part of regret but in the end we usually learn to accept and live with it. Accepting life is accepting regrets. Everyone screws up in life at least once. They learn from their regret and change so it doesn’t happen again. If you say you are living the perfect life; a person that is perfect, someone who can’t say they ever did anything wrong, I don’t know how to explaine the perfect person but I do know if you live in a “perfect life” that right there is your numver one regret. It might be hard to see that but your just a person who can’t be who you want to be, a person who does things for show, a person who can’t have fun because he/she is to busy trying to look good or perfect in front of everyone else. That right there is the biggest regret of all. It would make your life one big lie. Don’t be afraid to show yourself and be yourself. Don’t be afraid to make a mistake in your life whether you will regret it or not because regrets only make you wiser and tougher. A regret is just another lesson to be learned this I believe.

Regret is like a change in life. Once something happens to you that you regret it changes your life a little bit or sometimes a lot. You have all of a sudden have a new perspective for some things. Just like “one must never lose time vainly regretting the past or complaining against the change which cause us discomfort, for change is the essence of life.” said by Anatole France. Once you have accepted regrets that you made, you start to accept the true meaning of freedom in life. Being free isn’t whether you are allowed to do whatever you want but it is when your feelings, conscience and your soul lets you free this I believe. The worst kind of pain is keeping things inside, not being able to let go of regrets or mistakes. Once you learn to move on is when you accept freedom of life.

It is better to regret things then not to and feel stupid about it. When you know you did something regretful, occasionally you look back only to find yourself feeling really stupid and dumb about it, sometimes even hurt. It is better to just say I screwed up and regret this then to look stupid and feel stupid. “I have many regrets, and I’m sure everyone dose. The stupid things you do, you regret…if you have any sense… And if you don’t regret them, maybe you’re stupid.” Says Katharine Houghton Hepburn. I agree to this quote. I believe if you don’t see the things that lead you to doing regretful things you are just plain stupid. You need to look at life more serious to make you a better person. Just accept the fact you did something stupid and you aren’t proud of it. It will make you and others happier.

This I believe, accepting regrets = freedom to life. This I believe stupidity leads to us to regrets, regrets lead us to so see our mistakes, to learn, to change, to make us who we are this is believe. One day when we all ore old and look back at our selves, at our youth, at our adult hood, at our lives we will see through regrets we are who we are and happy that our soul can live free from keeping everything inside. This I believe that our soul won’t ever see freedom until we let our regrets go. This I believe. Regret is our number one cause of who we are today. Regrets are what make us sad but in the end make us better, wiser and tougher. This I believe.