Hard Work Equals Triumph

Robin - Lexington, Ohio
Themes: work

If you work hard, will you ever succeed? I believe the harder you work the more likely you will be able to succeed. This could pertain to getting good grades, reaching a goal, or accomplishing anything in life. Some people would say that no matter how hard you try, you still might not succeed. Those people say that just to give them an excuse to not work hard.

I believe that you can do anything that you work hard at. A fine example of this is what happened to me this summer. It all started when I was five years old. I decided that I wanted to learn how to ride a horse. So my mother supported my dream and found someone to give me lessons. My dream became a reality and I had bigger and better dreams for myself. I wanted to be the best. Horse back riding became my passion. A few years later my parents decided to buy me my own horse. This horse was young and quite misbehaved. One year, a broken wrist, and a face fracture later, we decided to sell the horse and buy one that I could handle. This new horse was the horse for me. I knew from the first time I laid eyes on him. The new horse (named Slick) was trustworthy and safe to ride. Together we showed and placed very well for several years after that. Then one year he became frightened of suddenly everything. This made him very spooky and quite a handful. People were telling me to sell him and get a different horse. However, I just could not let this horse go. I had developed a strong bond for this horse. So I worked pretty much everyday for three straight years trying to re-teach him that everything was not scary. The lessons were frustrating and down-heartening. I wanted to give up so many times but there was still something that would not let me give up. However, all of our hard work finally paid off this summer. This summer Slick and I qualified for state fair. We not only qualified, we placed eighth. So out of all the thousands of horses in Ohio, me and my horse are eighth. I think that is amazing.

The story of me and my horse makes me believe that with hard work, anything is possible. I hope that everyone who reads this is inspired to work hard and reach their goals. Hard work will lead you to triumph.