Antwaun - Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Themes: integrity, love

“Loyalty Before Royalty”

Many relationships tend to be ruined because they lack a key component to a successful relationship. Trust is a key component to a successful relationship. Couples have a tendency to say they are ready to be committed, but most of them do not understand what makes up a relationship. They rush into things thinking that everything will be perfect, but they fail to realize that problems will occur.

You cannot gain trust in two days. You can’t gain it in two weeks. It takes time to gain trust with one another. You have to listen to one another and communicate your needs. You should be forward with your needs and expectations.

I believe this because I have experienced it on my own. I have witnessed my parents go through bad times in their relationship because they lacked trust. They never trusted one another and it cause them to end their marriage. They blamed others for mistakes they made.

After being lied to, cheated on, or taken advantage of, it is easy to believe that no one is trustworthy, but you cannot go the rest of your life thinking that you are going to get hurt because you will miss out on the one that really cares about you.

I was once in a relationship were I didn’t establish trust. We never wanted to explain how we felt and we never understood one another. We were very insecure. If neither one of us answered the phone when we called one another we swore that someone was cheating. We would argue all the time and believe things that our friends would tell us about each other. She would look through my phone to see if I had been talking to any girls. She didn’t even like me talking to any of my friends that were girls. She was jealous and that caused our relationship to fail. We both had been in bad relationships in the past where our partners cheated.

For a successful relationship you must first of all learn about yourself. Take time to think about who you are. Build trust and respect for others and make your feelings clear. Don’t just assume that your partner can read what’s going on with you. Speak up and be heard.

I established trust in the relationship that I am in now by not rushing into things too quickly and really getting to know her personally. We spent a lot of quality time together. We went on walks and would talk all the time about certain things and I believe that strengthened our relationship. I believe my relationship is stronger than most because we have an understanding now that we’ve matured.