Weaknesses make you stronger

Chaundra - South Jordan, Utah

I believe that your weaknesses and trials make you stronger. How do you grow if you have a perfect life, and everything is just the way you want it. You would just go through life partying and having the time of your life. When you go through a hard time in your life, you learn from it, and will remember and look back on that experience for the rest of your life.

I like to go to the gym. Part of my workout consists of doing the weights. I often dread going because I know what is to come: hard work, heavy breathing, fast heart rate, sweating, etc. Oftentimes I’ll be doing weights and want to just give up. I wonder if it’s worth all of the trouble I am going through and the discomfort. I have to remind myself that even though it’s hard, I’m getting stronger. Not only that, but when I leave I am so glad that I went, even though I don’t forget how hard it was.

It is hard during, but in the end you are much stronger and the reward is well worth it. Much like exercise, trials can be what may seem overbearing. You wonder why it is you have to go through the work. It makes you question if you can do it, or if you should just give up. You may ask, “why me?” What did I do to deserve this? However, the reward is their just as it is for exercise.

I work at a care center for people with disabilities. Each time I go to work I look at their trials. They have it worse than most, or so it appears to me. Though they may not have the strongest bodies, they are some of the strongest people I’ve ever met.

Many times, but not always, our trials really aren’t even that big of a deal. I often compare myself to others and their trials, and then realize how blessed I really am. You look at others lives, and realize you have it all. Because of this, and many other experiences I have had or witnessed, I believe that through trials and weaknesses you become a stronger person. It helps you to become the person you are, and reach your full potential.